Thorny Knits

I've got a husband, twin toddlers, a cat who I probably forgot to feed this morning, and never, ever enough time to knit.

5.31.2006

It's all in the timing

I know, I haven't posted in ages. Ages of ages. I know.

It's because we're moving. Granted, we're just moving across the hall to one of the renovated apartments in our complex (full-size dishwasher and a ceiling fan in every room!!!), but we're also moving with practically no help (one friend came by to help Caz haul the big stuff, but he was only over for about two hours, meanwhile I couldn't help out because I was watched our two and his daughter) and with twin toddlers in the mix. Luckily, the apartment management folks have been very understanding - they gave us the keys to the new place early and aren't going to destroy us utterly or fine us into oblivion for not being completely out already. However, things are getting grim-looking again, so... we shall see. There may be a dreaded all-nighter in our future.

Anyway, though. Into all droughts a little rain must fall. Or whatever that saying I've just mangled is. Or, in the words of Jane Siberry, it can't rain all the time.

So yesterday, while I was leaning against the wall staring at the destruction and bleakly pondering our fates, Caz answered a knock at the door. It was the mailman, with a box. A box addressed to me.

Caz was all, "I didn't know you'd ordered more yarn..." and I was able to look at the label and go, "Ha HA! I didn't! This yarn is FREE*!!"

See, it was yarn from my kindly Dye-O-Rama pal, aka Tara of Blonde Chicken Boutique! Four hundred yards of lovely** green merino sock yarn, which I haven't had much time to consider the fate of but feel a pressing need to make it into something extra-special. It's beautimous. But wait! That's not all! She also sent me a skein of gorgeous green organic cotton yarn that she also hand-dyed! A whole box of greeny goodness, just for me!!

So not only do I have a lovely, generous dye pal, but one with super-amazing timing to boot! There I was, all "Nobody loves me, everybody hates me, guess I'll go eat worms", and then in swoops a yarny gift for me to make everything seem so much better! I'm all a-quiver.

Thank you, Tara! And true to my word, I didn't go looking for you at all, so it was a complete surprise.

* Okay, okay, so it's a swap so it's not /technically/ free. Let's not pester the poor guy with details right now, eh? He's had a hard coupla weeks, too. And besides, dyeing yarn is just fun, and I already /have/ the yarn I will be dyeing, so... it's all good, right? Yeaaahhhh.....

** Pictures. You're wondering about pictures, right? Well, I would totally have included them, if uh... I could just remember which box the camera went into....

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home