Thorny Knits

I've got a husband, twin toddlers, a cat who I probably forgot to feed this morning, and never, ever enough time to knit.

3.25.2006

The Perils of Procrastination

Argh. So, after last posting, I have managed to take a couple steps forward, and at least one GIANT step back on this whole "road to adulthood" thing.

I had meant, lo those couple weeks ago, to reply to all the kind, thoughtful, sharing responses I received and appreciated so much.

But you know how it is - you have a bunch of semi-deep emails to write, and you think, "Oh, I'll do it tomorrow... on the weekend... Tuesday... when I have more time...." and next thing you know half a month has passed and you've sent out exactly squat.

Add in that I started to re-organize the stash one Friday afternoon when I somehow managed to shoo Caz out of the house for a bit, and I took a ton of pictures and Oh Holy Heck do I have a lot of yarn. I mean, not compared to many, but I think all the fiscal savings we were supposed to be getting out of not eating out so much after having kids? Has gone straight into yarn. It's... well, it's kind of alarming, honestly.

So anyway, I started up this big ol' stash post, and then got kinda side-tracked on that, and so... urgh. Anyway. Suffice to say - I'm going to try for that whole "Flash Your Stash on April 1st" thing that seems to be going around. Though I'm... er... more than a little embarassed by it all, really. I've come to embody the phrase "an embarassment of riches", and I'm sure a lot of folks are going to be going, "What? You've got hardly anything!" Regardless, I'm stunned.

In other news - Kool-aid is on sale at the local grocery store. I've picked up... um... a silly amount of the stuff, honestly. I'm really jazzed at the prospect of dyeing a bunch of yarn soon, though. Like, if I could, I would shoo the boys out of the house, crank up the CD player and dye yarn and pretend to be a diva for an entire afternoon. Who's coming over to join me?!

So, for any who might have been concerned, I'm still alive and kicking, just a really bad procrastinator. But hopefully I'll get back into the blogging thing soon. Though, for other news of what I did this past week, you can go check out my LJ, which I have not fully given up just yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home