Thorny Knits

I've got a husband, twin toddlers, a cat who I probably forgot to feed this morning, and never, ever enough time to knit.

2.14.2006

...and she sticks the landing!

Okay, that's gymnastics, not figure skating, but it's what I could come up with.

Felt very much a part of something immense tonight, as I cast off the back panel of my First Sweater while some really amazing Olympic pairs figure skating was going on. And I just have to say - I don't think I've ever seen someone with more sheer, unadulterated grit than Zhang Dan of China. If somebody had hurled me through the air and I landed on the ice on my knee? I wouldn't be skating through, I'd be sobbing under the judge's table demanding a cold pack and a bucket of Advil.

So my cast-off took a while, because I kept having to pause to stare, but I did get it done. Tomorrow I will cast on for the front and try to not think about yardage. I am less worried about it than I was previously, so hopefully it was just a bunch of panic for nothing. (Not, you know, that I'm good at that or anything.)

Photos tomorrow, and a Happy Valentine's to all!

(Oh, and this just makes me ludicrously happy. Gleeful all out of proportion to how it should. But hey, it's kinda fun anyway.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home