Thorny Knits

I've got a husband, twin toddlers, a cat who I probably forgot to feed this morning, and never, ever enough time to knit.

1.26.2006

Crap! Crap! Dammit! Sonuva....!

Well, that's it. I'm not playing games with this any more. Jaywalker? You're not on my Buddy List. I'm going to give you one more chance once I find some nice near-sport-weight sock yarn to use, but since all I've got in my stash currently is fingering weight? Jaywalker, you're off The Island. I love you, I do-y-do, but you. Just. Won't. FIT. Yer makin' me nuts.

Also? Adding to the general Grrr-ishness of my mood tonight - I watched Lost (tape recorded so I could watch Bones "live", since Fox hates me and puts all my favorite Fox shows opposite other really great shows that will trounce them to paste in the ratings) while I frogged my latest stab at Jaywalker.

Man. I haven't been so teed off at a show since Season 7 of Buffy, when Buffy got all high-and-mighty at Faith about "That's because, Faith, you're a murderer!" As if by that point the Summers Homestead hadn't turned into a halfway house for reformed and semi-reformed murderers anyway. I mean seriously, by the end, who hadn't killed someone else in that house? Dawn and Xander are all I can think of. The big difference between Faith and, say, Willow (flayed Warren then burned him alive), Anya (ex-vengeance demon), Spike (ex-vampire), Andrew (killed Jonathan), Giles (killed Ben, the poor med student who was the unwitting other half of Glory), and Buffy herself (killed how many vampires and demons - unless somehow they don't "count" at all, which would kinda mark Buffy a big fat hypocrite after her going off on Riley for "being a bigot" in Season 4, plus she killed Angel at the end of Season 2, even though he had his soul back and so was once again "good") was that Faith was actually trying to repay her "debt to society" for her crime. Which, also? Is the only one of those I can think of which was actually an accident.

Yeah. Anyway. Don't want to spoil Lost for anyone who hasn't seen it yet, hence the ranting about three-year-old episodes of Buffy, but man... I hate when a show gets all carried away with its own sanctimonious pissiness and forgets the characters it's actually dealing with.

And that, I think, is enough italics for one night. At least, let's hope.

Now I will go spritz down my frogged Jaywalker which Caz so thoughtfully hanked up for me, so that it can de-kink, and then I will contemplate the fractious Jaywalker again tomorrow. Also will contemplate frogging the other Jaywalker, which never did fit quite right, and which I've been loathe to frog because, well... look how pretty it is! It's so pretty!! Gnnngggg.

(Note to FemiKnit Mafia: I'm fishin', lady, can you tell? grin.)

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home