Thorny Knits

I've got a husband, twin toddlers, a cat who I probably forgot to feed this morning, and never, ever enough time to knit.

11.26.2005

Complete chaos and I haven't even been shopping yet

Okay. Not perfectly true, as I did go out this afternoon to pick up some yarn. Yes. Some more yarn. sigh.

So determined that what Caz wants is not fingering weight socks, but rather big thick cushy socks, like out of some light worsted weight yarn.

So, after hemming and hawing over an online order and eventually realizing that if I placed that particular order, I'd wind up buying a bunch of other stuff (some /great/ sales going on out there!) that I really don't need but am having trouble resisting, so I decided instead to "go support local businesses!"

Went to the LYS (the marvelous Lakeside Fibers) just before they closed yesterday. Wandered and wandered and wandered some more. Finally chose 100g of Dale of Norway Falk in gray, and 50 g in purple. I hope that'll be enough.

I also picked up two skeins of Filatura di Crosa Zara, in a dark blue and yellow, which will match the boys' winter coats nicely. Not sure how I'm going to do their hats - I think something with ear flaps would be fun, but so far I haven't been able to find a good pattern.

I joined the Jaywalker KAL, and even started a pair in Trekking XXL for Caz. But now knowing that he's not really after fingering-weight socks, at least not most immediately, I'm sorely tempted to pull his sock back off the needles (have only managed about two rows of the ribbing anyway) and give my own pair of Jaywalkers a start.

Have I mentioned that both the Hermione hat and Henry's Christmas stocking have been untouched since Tuesday? Got to get those moving.

Have realized that I've got six hats, two stockings plus ideally one pair of socks that I really want to get done for Christmas. Plus I've got another pair of socks that I'd like to do just for myself. For fun. sigh.

At the very least, I did knit up a nice swatch of my Kool-aid dyed KnitPicks sock merino, so once I get it measured up I'll throw it through a cold cycle in the washer to see if it felts on me or not (please don't! please!). Once that's done, I may also decide to overdye the swatch with some purple, perhaps, per Diana's mention in her blog. Just to see how it turns out.

Oh, and we got a new cat yesterday - another 2-year-old female calico named Lily. No pics yet, I'm afraid, but I'll get some up soon, honest. It's actually a little crazy-making right now. Connie, our first cat, is not taking well to the newcomer. And then when Caz got between her and Lily, because Connie was hissing something fierce, instead of shooing Lily off he shooed off Connie, so now she's hiding all the time and sulking and when she does come out, she's inclined to his at Caz, even. It's all very traumatizing for me. I had no idea Connie would react this way, and so I'm really troubled by it. She even hissed at me when I went to scratch her ears a bit ago, when she came out for a few minutes. I'd been petting her sides, then moved to her ears and she hissed a little bit. Poor little girl.

Sorry still no pics, but as you can see, things have been a bit hectic. Soon, I promise!

1 Comments:

  • At Mon Nov 28, 11:51:00 AM CST, Blogger meg said…

    I'd pick the item closest to "finished" and do that first until it's all done. It'll do wonders for your mental state, believe me.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home