Thorny Knits

I've got a husband, twin toddlers, a cat who I probably forgot to feed this morning, and never, ever enough time to knit.

12.26.2005

A Very Knitterly Christmas

Well, as you can see by my previous update, the Christmas spirit did not arrive here until late (which kinda figures - I've always been a tardy kinda gal anyway). But once it did, wow... it showed up in a big big way. I've been all full of sappy Christmas sentimentality and being grateful for good friends we didn't even have a year ago and loving my fellow humans and all that good stuff.

I am, for the record, convinced that my avoidance of all things "mall" aided in this cheerful outlook despite us having no idea how we're going to manage the next month or so.

I was marvelling, last night, that I've somehow become the owner of several knitting books all the sudden. This morning I realized that receiving four (4! FOUR!) knitting books for Christmas - two pattern books, two non - had something to do with it.

So what did Knitter Claus bring me this year? Well, from my dad and his wife I received Knitting Vintage Socks by Nancy Bush, Yarn Harlot: The Secret Life of a Knitter and At Knit's End: Meditations for Women Who Knit Too Much by the always lovely Stephanie Pearl-McPhee.

Then last night, from one of those dear friends I didn't even have a year ago, I got Stitch 'N Bitch: The Knitter's Handbook by Debbie Stoller.

One top of the couple other knitting books I've picked up over the past year, suddenly my knit library is burgeoning. I mean, I know it's not much compared to a lot of people, but considering I only really got into this about a year ago? I'm kinda surprised how much I've picked up already.

Otherwise, it was a lovely holiday. I'll have to do a Jaywalker update soon, but just had to record the happy KnitMas I've had. *beam!*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home