Thorny Knits

I've got a husband, twin toddlers, a cat who I probably forgot to feed this morning, and never, ever enough time to knit.

1.28.2006

Jaywalcaholics Anonymous

Yeah, I'm joining the group. Dang, what is UP with this pattern? I don't know what it is.

Anyway, so uh... I got to go out-and-about the other afternoon, Caz stayed home with the kids. Was really nice. Went out to lunch with a friend, then did a bit of wandering on my own. Wound up finally getting inside an elusive LYS that I've only been searching for for like, a year. The irony there being that it used to be located about two blocks from where I used to work, back before I picked up knitting. Walked past the place dozens of times, never gave it a second thought. Then once I learned how to knit and thought, "Hey, I'll go to that place near the hospital!" Well, it was no longer there. And the new address listed for it is misleading - I don't doubt its address is what it is, but it's not actually visible from that street. I found it by accident about a month ago while driving the kids around for a car-nap, and finally made it inside the other day.

Pretty nice place. Some fun yarns I've never gotten to fondle before (OMG Lorna's Laces is delicious! I knew people liked it and all, but DAYAMN!), a nice woman working there who seemed pretty happy to have some company (I don't think I'm the only one who has trouble finding this place).

Turned out they were having a (diabolical) 20% off sale. I kept reminding myself that I didn't want to have to try to get my boys to stay put when we slept in boxes under a bridge, so I was well behaved. However, they did have thick-ish sock yarn, so... I went for that. And then yesterday, I cast on for my FINAL attempt at Jaywalker. If this doesn't work... I'm out. I give up. I will admit defeat. but not just yet....


And just for you, Meg, here's the Sockotta sock I'm working on:

That's a 3x1 seed stitch rib with an extra repeat in the heel flap, just because I think I'll like the little bit of extra length there. Just finished the gusset.

3 Comments:

  • At Sun Jan 29, 09:56:00 AM CST, Blogger Scoutj said…

    We welcome you with open arms. Have you seen my recent posts?

     
  • At Sun Jan 29, 11:06:00 PM CST, Blogger meg said…

    How does that 3 x1 seed stitch rib go? I'm trying to find a cuff pattern that says "frog." The noun, not the verb.

     
  • At Sun Feb 05, 11:48:00 PM CST, Blogger JustApril said…

    Sorry you are having such a time with the Jaywalkers =( the Kool-Aid dyed stuff is cool, tho -- says another Sweet Child O' the 80's ow ow ow ow ;P

    I hope it works out for ya better, this time, I've done the Jaywalker numbers over and over, but for smaller stuff, since one set I'm doing is for a toddler and the other is my sis's 1st try, but the yarn is super sproingy, compared to what I used, but it seems OK for now.

    glad I wasn't the only crying knitter during Craig's show.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home