Thorny Knits

I've got a husband, twin toddlers, a cat who I probably forgot to feed this morning, and never, ever enough time to knit.

12.11.2006

What Christmas Knitting?

I was doing really well on keeping up with my Christmas knitting. That is, until the new Knitty came out.

But I was intent on staying strong, sticking with my big ol' long-term projects, and seeing everything through.

And then the kids pulled the needles out of the five rows of scarf I'd started for my sister, and I thought to myself, "Well, I /could/ painstakingly pick up all those stitches and try not to mess it all up. OR I could just start up a fancy pair of mittens!"

Guess what won out?


In case you're curious, that's KnitPicks Merino Style in Hollyberry and Nutmeg, fished out of the stash from projects long ago forgotten or abandoned. And I love this mitten with a love that's deep and fierce and true. I just hope it will understand when I want to bring its fraternal twin sister into the relationship.

2 Comments:

  • At Mon Dec 11, 12:36:00 PM CST, Blogger Suze said…

    like they say in the south "ooooooh, now idn't that puuuuuuuuuuurrrrrty?" dude, if you can finish sweaters for your twins, you can finish 2 mittens. (though i have yet to make it through a pair of mittens myself!)

     
  • At Mon Dec 11, 03:52:00 PM CST, Blogger FemiKnitMafia said…

    Yes, those are loverly. I can't wait to see the fraternal twin too. Go Thorny!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home